It's Good to Talk




When I was a small boy, I remember falling down and grazing my knee. I began to cry and set off for home, which was about half a mile away. Before I reached home I had calmed down and stopped crying. I no longer felt upset but the moment I saw my mum I started to cry again. Today, I try to rationalise my illness and fears and offer a calm exterior to the world but that little boy is still inside me and wants comfort and someone who will listen. So when I’m struggling I ring the Samaritans just to talk. I know I can be honest without being judged and without upsetting those close to me. Letting out all my pent up emotions is cathartic and with this comes the tears that a little boy sheds when he feels hurt. Holding in negative emotions is dangerous and exhausting. Men need to talk.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaac's Birthday

Decorating

AMC the patchwork quilt