Keeping Sane


Another day in lockdown. Things are going better than I thought they would. I wake each morning with vivid and disturbing dreams in my mind. I get up feeling visibly shaken and that feeling stays with me unless I do something to change it. I am taking a tablet that helps me sleep but I believe that the side effect is these early morning dreams. At first, I would try to keep busy and occupied my mind until the feelings disappeared but now I have adopted a much more successful approach. I recognise that the dreams are my subconscious reminding me of times when I was very anxious and I am now able to look at the situation logically. I tell myself that the dreams represent the past but I am now living in a different world where this anxiety is irrelevant. It can only hurt me if I let it. So I get on with my day and busy myself not to run away from the feeling but to rise above it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaac's Birthday

Decorating

AMC the patchwork quilt