Wise thoughts from a young man

 I thought that a recent post from a young friend, Dale, was worthy of further publication.

'When I become lost (like I’ve found myself quite recently), I usually don’t want to accept it at first and carry on hoping that I’ll somehow just find my way again. This time was no different. I found myself in the midst of depression and swamps of anxiety ‘just getting on with it’ until I found it too strenuous to push forward. I personally believe that sometimes stopping until you regain energy, strength and clarity is a necessity at times and on this occasion, I have tried to do just that.

We all get lost in life and now more than ever for a lot of people. We all cope differently. We all have different forms of armour to withstand the daily pressures of life, some stronger than others and we all have a number of techniques to overcome personal challenges.

Find your ‘selfish’ safety button when life gets on top of you and be honest with yourself. If you do that, then you’re on to a good start of building a winning platform.

When I say “selfish” I mean that in the sense that there’s no such thing as being selfish if you’re helping yourself the right way!!'


Comments

  1. Its wise to take breaks in order to function fully afterwards. Keeping going when exhausted and fully drained yields little and only serves to burn you outso take that break. You've learnt it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Isaac's Birthday

Decorating

AMC the patchwork quilt