Grief


There is no place for looking on the bright side and I’m told that if you don’t grieve for someone then that grief is added to the next time you lose a loved one. So, I’m learning to grieve for those who recently passed but also for those I’ve lived without for decades. Isaac my grandson, my mum and dad, and brothers Jack and Harry. From my family that lived at 26 Coleridge Road, I'm the only one left so I am allowed to be sad. Watching my dad on video for the first time in 40 years and spending time collecting photos of him for the village history, has brought me close to him. In the past, I felt disconnected and impartial about him and his life, but the photos, combined with my counselling have made him more real. I realise that I have never really grieved for him or admired his strength and resilience. I do miss him although I’m not sure he would understand what I am going through. I also miss my brother Jack and am grieving for my little family that lived in Coleridge Road for all those years. Talking to my therapist this morning about this, I began to cry. I miss Isaac and every day I am reminded of his charm, humour, and openness. I know that I must stop fighting and accept these feelings. Reassuring myself and others is pointless until I surrender to these emotions.

 

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaac's Birthday

Decorating

AMC the patchwork quilt