AMC is making a difference.

 

 

I know that every AMC group across the country is working hard to help men keep their heads above the water. Every facilitator will know the joy of helping those who are the casualties of ill health and social, work or money problems. We don’t do it for any reward except to see our broken brothers begin to heal and get their lives back but occasionally there is that extra boost to our efforts and morale. The letter below was sent to the central team and passed on to us. I’m pretty sure that such a letter could be sent to any of the AMC groups. Please give yourself a pat on the back for helping that one man who found the courage to walk through the door.

‘I wasn't in the best of places last night, but I built up the courage and walked through the doors of Andy's Man Club in Pontefract. Today I feel like a weight has been lifted off my mind. I don't remember the last time I was up at 9:00 AM and ready to face the day! I don't know if it was the facilitator’s friendly handshake while waiting at the main doors, or the relaxed environment where I felt listened to and respected. I really wasn't sure what I was looking for when I went last night but whatever it was, I found it. I will be back next week and will continue to work and build to become a better version of the person I was the week before. So yeah, just thank you, I guess.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaac's Birthday

Decorating

AMC the patchwork quilt