Isaac's Birthday

 It is that time of year again. Dark and short days and cold weather keeping us indoors. We can look forward to Christmas and for some, there is pleasure in the anticipation of family celebrations and the reaching of the shortest day with a promise of spring to come. But Christmas can be hard for many people. Those who are struggling to keep warm, those on the streets, and those who are dealing with illness and loss. There will be people on their own and people who are struggling with depression who can see little joy in the world around them. For me and those I love, Christmas is a time for celebrating but also remembering. Christmas and birthdays were Isaac’s great love and now he has been taken from us it is easy to believe that those wonderful days are somehow tarnished. His excitement was infectious, and we all bathed in his childlike delight. It’s almost two years since we lost Isaac and today would have been his 25th birthday. I miss him so much and feel very down this morning. I have lost many good people over the years and I’m not sure that I have grieved for them as I should. I miss my mum and dad and brothers Jack and Harry. I miss my friend John and also Terry my golfing buddy but most of all I miss Isaac, my grandson. I can’t turn back the clock, but I will hold all these people in my heart and cherish their memory. Family and friends, gone or still with me, are a source of happy moments and recollections and inspire me to move forward. I am not alone in my grief, and it is to my wife and family I turn this Christmas. We are all in a new chapter in our lives and will survive through our love and support for each other. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Decorating

AMC the patchwork quilt